Required/desired Input capabilities
- Every printed key should 'just work', as much as possible
- alphanumeric (a-z,A-Z,0-9)
- Basic Symbols (shift+0-9)
- Arrow keys
- Control modifier (such that you can hit it with at least alpha)
- Alt modifier (such that you can hit it with alphanumeric)
- Shift modifier?
Options for Modifier Input
What options do we have for modifiers on the TouchPad virtual keyboard?
Do we need a "modifier / arrow keys" slice between the keyboard and the X display?
Encoding of Input
Ideally, we can encode all input (as it leaves Xsdl) the same way on _all_ devices. This means, for example, we only have exactly 1 XKB mapping.
What should this look like?