Reversi (aka Othello TM) - 1.0.19
The classic game of Reversi, aka Othello (tb) for the Palm Pre.
Reversi is released under an MIT license and is free forever. That said, if you would like to toss a donation to the author because you like the app, feel free to follow this link rboatright's personal page.
Suuport / Help / Discussion
To request support or discuss Reversi, either join the #webos-internals chat room via IRC on chat.freenode.net or comment on the dissusion page of this article via the discussion tab above.
- Splash screen slide show of 19th century Reversi Boards.
- Visible on screen Scores
- Menu driven scenes for Preferences setting, Help with strategy and rule examples, and an About screen with a history of Reversi
- At your choice the Pre can show where you can move and the flip count of that move.
- You can choose playing white or black or watch the Pre play itself
- You can set the computers smartness or stupidity.
- The game is fun and beatable. (it is not an alpha-beta search routine, it's a weighted cell counter, so you CAN beat it.)
- Prior to 2009-08-08 the version was incorrect. The uploaded version now matches the screenshot.
- 2009-08-08 User controls and game play controls now in place.
- 2009-08-19 Help and about screens complete. Pref's screen present but not hooked up.
- 2009-08-23 Prefs screen fully operational. Game Graphics substantially improved. Splash Screen.
- 2009-08-23 fixed new game button to not reset to splash screen. Oooops
- 2009-08-31 alert dialogs on no move available. Game Win dialog.
- 2009-09-04 Replaced error dialogs with notifications to speed up game play and improve look and feel per users requests
- 2009-09-13 Updated Graphics, Improved ABOUT screen, Palm compliant Help screen, improved Rules and History screens, improved Pref's screen, Three themes to choose from. Slightly improved game play, High score manager.
- The AI is very stupid. Anyone post "absolute beginner" can beat this version of Reversi. It is not a game for advanced players.