< User:FreeTimJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 12:21, 23 August 2009 by FreeTim (Cleaned up the section for installing Code Intelligence)
OK. Erased the previous page. Working on Komodo Edit install docs now. - Tim-
Komodo WebOS Add-on Download
- Middle-click this to open in new tab to Download the Komodo webOS Add-on from Templarian HERE.
- This is the Add-on you'll need for Palm Pre development. Go to this page and view the link to the file.
- Then, RIGHT click the link on his page to the .xpi file itself and do Save-As, save into a folder.
Komodo WebOS Add-on Install
- Run Komodo first.
- Then open the folder where you've saved the Add-On .xpi file
- Arrange windows so that you can view them With both Komodo and the Folder open at the same time.
- Drag-and-drop the .xpi into Komodo, to the blank space right of Help on the menu bar, below the blue title bar as shown here (the white icon in this image is the dragged-over .xpi file)
- When you release the dragged-over icon, it will install itself into Komodo.
- Komodo detects the install attempt and shows the Authors Whom You Trust warning at this point
- You must choose INSTALL NOW button - this is the execution of the install.
- You only need to do this once - future upgrades happen automatically from within Komodo Edit, itself.
- Next Komodo should show the completed Add-ons completion screen shown below.
- Choose RESTART KOMODO EDIT button to restart Komodo, for the Add-On to begin running.
Enable the WebOS Add-On
- The Komodo WebOS Add-On is disabled by default after install.
- In order to enable it, go into menu item View - and choose WebOS near the bottom.
Verify the Install
- Your finished screen shot should look like the below.
- If you can see the new tab for the Add-On near the bottom section "WebOS", the install worked.
- Some options are disabled at first, if you don't yet have a project open. This is expected.
- Future updates are automatic on startup of Komodo!
- Next we'll install the "Code Intelligence" add-on, which splashes code suggestions as-you-type.
Download Code Intelligence
- Download Code Intelligence to any local folder
Install Code Intelligence
- From within Komodo, do menu items:
- Code Intelligence
- Add an API CATALOG BUTTON near the bottom-right, and
- Browse to your download folder and Select the .cix file for Code Intelligence.
---------Screen Shot Needed Here---
- Open an Existing project or
- Create a New Project (and scene)
- Link to the next steps - create a blank folder, create a new project, yadda yadda yadda...
- --------- Link more here -----------
ToDo on this Wiki Page for freeTim:
- Add screen shot while installing Code Intelligence
- Add Verify section for installing Code Intelligence