< User:FreeTimJump to navigation Jump to search
OK. Erased the previous page. Working on Komodo Edit install docs now. - Tim-
Komodo WebOS Add-on Download
- Middle-click this to open in new tab to Download the Komodo webOS Add-on from Templarian HERE.
- This is the Add-on you'll need for Palm Pre development. Go to this page and view the link to the file.
- Then, RIGHT click the link on his page to the .xpi file itself and do Save-As, save into a folder.
Komodo WebOS Add-on Install
- Run Komodo first.
- Then open the folder where you've saved the Add-On .xpi file
- Arrange windows so that you can view them With both Komodo and the Folder open at the same time.
- Drag-and-drop the .xpi into Komodo, to the blank space right of Help on the menu bar, below the blue title bar as shown here (the white icon in this image is the dragged-over .xpi file)
- When you release the dragged-over icon, it will install itself into Komodo.
- Komodo detects the install attempt and shows the Authors Whom You Trust warning at this point
- You must choose Install Now button - this is the execution of the install.
- You only need to do this once - future upgrades happen automatically from within Komodo Edit, itself.
- Next Komodo should show the completed Add-ons completion screen shown below.
- Choose RESTART NOW button to restart Komodo, for the Add-On to begin running.
Enable the WebOS Add-On
- The Komodo WebOS Add-On is disabled by default after install.
- In order to enable it, go into menu item View - and choose WebOS near the bottom.
- Your finished screen shot should look like the below - note the new WebOS tab in the bottom section.
- If you can see the options for the Add-On near the bottom, the install worked.
- Future updates are automatic on startup of Komodo!
- Next we'll install the "Code Intelligence" add-on, which splashes code suggestions as-you-type.
- Download Code Intelligence (-------------- link needed here --------)
- From within Komodo, do menu items:
- Code Intelligence
- Add an API Catalog > Here, browse and Select the .cix file for Code Intelligence.
---------Screen Shot Needed Here---
- Open an Existing project or
- Create a New Project (and scene)
- Link to the next steps - create a blank folder, create a new project, yadda yadda yadda...
- --------- Link more here -----------
ToDo on this Wiki Page for freeTim:
- slide the images over slightly to the right - tab indentations or something.
- Clean up the Code Intelligence section
- Add links and screen shots while installing Code Intelligence
- Consider replacing all images with ones with circles and arrows