Pages I contributed to the community are linked here. I'm not a developer I'm a systems engineer, so these won't be apps or patches, just things of interest regarding access to the underlying Linux operating system, install documents and other Systems things of interest.
- the Komodo_WebOS_Add-on_Installpage. This webOS Add-on is quite a time saver, so I wanted to contribute this how-to install document. (many thanks to the developer, Templarian!)
- the putty page - how to CORRECTLY have PuTTY configured, for SSH2 into your Pre.
- the Bottom Bar page which I think may be deprecated now.
- FreeTim - Well my name is Tim, I'm a computer Systems Engineer for a large company.
- I'm a specialist in multiple disciplines such as SunOS, and MCSE+i, Linux, Apache, HPUX, cisco, etc.
- I work near MIT, with a view of the banks of the Charles River in Boston.
- I'm one of the founders of the WEBOSBOSTON community We have monthly meetings.
- I ride MOTORCROSS on the weekends (one of the two days, during the season.)
You'll find me in the IRC chat rooms all day, every day.
Things I think are Useful for me to have here
Blocking WebOS updates
I don't want the updates to happen at some unplanned (for me) time, so here is the way to block webOS updates:
cd /usr/bin mount -o remount,rw / chmod 664 UpdateDaemon mount -o remount,ro /
Then, reboot (ORN+ shift +R)
To reverse the process use this;
chmod 775 UpdateDaemon
This makes it executable again as it was before, and then reboot (required.)