Patch Launcher Hide-Delete The NASCAR App
1. SSH in.
2. Remount the file system as read/write: <source lang=text> mount -o remount,rw / </source>
To HIDE the NASCAR app:
3. Bring up the visual editor to edit the application info for the NASCAR app: <source lang=text> vi /usr/palm/applications/com.handson.app.nascar/appinfo.json </source>
4. Press i to enter insert mode.
5. After the "vendorurl":"http://www.handson.com" line, add another line that says this: <source lang=text> "visible": "false" </source>
5. Press <ESC> to exit insert mode and go into command mode.
6. Save and quit the file that you are editing: <source lang=text>
7. Remount the file system as read only: <source lang=text> mount -o remount,ro / </source>
8. You may need to restart your Pre: <source lang=text> reboot </source>
To DELETE the NASCAR app:
3a. Back up the app first, in case you ever want it back. We'll put the files into the USB drive so you can get to them if you want. <source lang=text> cp -R /usr/palm/applications/com.handson.app.nascar/ /media/internal/nascar-backup </source>
4a. Delete the app: <source lang=text> ipkg remove com.handson.app.nascar </source>
5a. Remount the file system as read only: <source lang=text> mount -o remount,ro / </source>
6a. You may need to restart your Pre: <source lang=text> reboot </source>
To DELETE the Sprint bookmark app:
I figure some people might want to delete the useless Sprint bookmark app (the useless one that says Sprint and takes you to FAQs or Videos) as well. I just got this to work. Unfortunately, since I deleted it, I don't have the exact instructions, but here's the general idea.
/var/luna/launchpoints should have a file that is a few numbers in a row. This is the actual bookmark. (use vi to confirm it's the correct one). Delete that. Then remove the icon by doing ipkg remove com.palm.app.sprintportal similarly to above.