The warthog series of kernels are the kernels intended to explore performance and benchmarking in a stable manner. It will also cherry-pick patches as needed from sbromwich and unixpsycho kernels.
The kernels are only available at http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/126.96.36.199/ and can be added using any standard package manager in the standard format (deducing this is left as an exercise for the reader).
Patches applied for 1.4.1-44
- Revised compcache makefile gcc flags
- Initial pixi build. Feedback wanted
Patches applied for 1.4.1-43
- Compcache included
- Using 2007q3 toolchain
- Use -Os -mtune=cortex-a8 -mcpu=cortex-a8 -march=armv7-a for kernel compile
This makes things about 6% faster @ 500Mhz. YMMV.
Warnings (THIS IS A TESTING KERNEL)
- This kernel may be less stable than Uber-Kernel although stability is still a key target.
- This kernel will only live in testing (meaning, no crying if this kernel eats your phone). Data and knowledge gleaned from this kernel will migrate to UK over time.
- Out of the testing kernels, warthog will most likely be the closest to uber-kernel. That is, it is intended to be less bleeding edge.