wIRC and wIRCd (its service)
wIRC is a Mojo IRC client. The WebOS-Internals team uses IRC as its primary communications channel, and Palm staff participate in IRC as well. wIRC provides a way for us to stay connected to the team while away from our desktops.
Note that wIRC is ALPHA 0.0.2 It is rapidly changing and subject to failure at any time.
Do not bet your life on this stuff.
On the other hand, it seems to work for us.
If you have reports about issues or bugs or wants or design please contact oil, PufftheMagic, or egaudet on freenode.net irc in the #webos-internals channel.
If you don't already know how to install this without asking, it's not ready for you yet. Please be patient.
- Nick Auto Complete:
- After typing some of the nick, hold the gesture area, and press the orange button.
- If not the right nick, keep holding the gesture area, and press the orange button again.
Here are some files for people to test, the versions will not be bumped but the packages will get updated. Don't ask if you have the latest, just download them again if you are curious.
NOTE: IF YOU NEED HELP INSTALLING THESE IPKs DON'T ASK FOR HELP! WAIT TILL A RELEASE IS IN PREWARE!!!
Service for Pre: http://preyourmind.org/files/us.ryanhope.wircd_0.0.2_armv7.ipk (Last updated PuffTheMagic 15:37, 5 November 2009 (UTC))
Service for Emulator: http://preyourmind.org/files/us.ryanhope.wircd_0.0.2_i686.ipk (Last updated PuffTheMagic 15:37, 5 November 2009 (UTC))
Mojo App: http://preyourmind.org/files/ws.junk.wirc_0.0.2_all.ipk (Last updated PuffTheMagic 15:37, 5 November 2009 (UTC))
Come to #wirc on freenode for help, don't ask for help in #webos-internals
Please put any random observations, requests, issues etc... on the talk page: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application_talk:WIRC
[SERVICE] Current TODO List / Feature Requests
- Make EVDO/1x connections reliable, fix immediate returnValue:0 error. (POTENTIAL-WORKAROUND PuffTheMagic 07:31, 3 November 2009 (UTC))
[GUI] Current TODO List / Feature Requests
- Subscribe to palm://com.palm.connectionmanager/getstatus to monitor internet connection status
- Reconnect gracefully after disconnects
- Send periodic PINGs to the server to make sure server is still up
- Channel Nick List
- (bug) op/voice status does not get updated in nick list for users that join after the channel is first opened
- Orange+Tap nick in nicklist spawns query/msg
- Tap on nick in nicklist shows dialog with buttons to query/op/voice/etc (DESIGNED/QUERY WORKS --oil 09:17, 5 November 2009 (UTC))
- Color scheme options
- Action, Channel message, Command message, Server message, Error message, Timestamp, Highlight foreground, Highlight background, Markerline, Background
- More highlighting options
- List of "words to highlight" (which always includes "my nick" special item.) do it like onConnect list from server-info
- Add single nick text field to server info scene and server table in database
- If left empty, use nick from identity scene in the cookie on connect (the "hint" text for the server nick field should explain this in a few words.)
- Add highly used commands that spawn a popup for input to server-status's app menu. commands include: nick, join, msg/query, etc (JOIN/NICK ADDED --oil 00:49, 8 November 2009 (UTC))
- "Allow landscape" toggle in preferences, should work on all scenes, should change class of containing div on horizontal (so we can reformat items in the page via css) (egaudet: would be good to have a button on each channel/query window to enable free orientation as well. Also don't need to change class if we use % for width's rather than hardcoded px --Egaudet 18:00, 5 November 2009 (UTC))
- Actually use secondary and tertiary nicks if told the primary is taken
- Make function to add characters/numbers to primary nick and try again if user failed to enter secondary/tertiary, or it already exhausted all user-entered alternates.
- Bookmark favorite channels in list.
- Need a way back to the server scene from channel/query scenes. App should remain operational until last card is swiped, so should be able to get back to server scene from other open cards
- When name is highlighted on an unfocused card and there is already a notification for that pending, don't need to notify/vibrate again.
- Need a way to close the headless app after notification received? Swiping all cards away leaves app running because bringing it back up with icon shows all current history etc... (Is it notification creating headless app or did my swiping notification away do that?)
- Lostfocus maker could be smarter, line shouldnt disappear if the card is zoomed out then returned to.... if possible
- UTF-8 encode incomming/outgoing messages
- Implement PING command (DONE PuffTheMagic 07:24, 5 November 2009 (UTC))
- Implement AWAY command (DONE PuffTheMagic 07:24, 5 November 2009 (UTC))
- make passing ports work (Service) (DONE PuffTheMagic 18:41, 2 November 2009 (UTC))
- Real Name field doesnt allow spaces, fix it (DONE PuffTheMagic 18:41, 2 November 2009 (UTC))
- channel modes in channel header (DONE PuffTheMagic 15:49, 31 October 2009 (UTC))
- fix NOTICE messages (DONE PuffTheMagic 01:17, 2 November 2009 (UTC))
- show nick list (DONE PuffTheMagic 17:55, 1 November 2009 (UTC))
- querys (DONE PuffTheMagic 17:55, 1 November 2009 (UTC))
- add "perform on connect" support (DONE --oil 10:01, 2 November 2009 (UTC))
- tab complete (DONE PuffTheMagic 01:17, 2 November 2009 (UTC))
- auto nick hilighting (DONE PuffTheMagic 16:35, 2 November 2009 (UTC))
- add support for numbers and hyphens in nicks (DONE PuffTheMagic 14:35, 1 November 2009 (UTC))
- escape quotes in params when service sends it to client (DONE PuffTheMagic 06:42, 1 November 2009 (UTC))
- Add "updateInterval: 0.2," to font size slider widget in message section of preferences (DONE --oil 01:41, 4 November 2009 (UTC))
- Add messages for when people quit the server (QUIT event) (DONE --Egaudet 01:56, 4 November 2009 (UTC))
- Disconnecting while in a channel and then reconnecting will not actually rejoin the channel, but will spawn the card (DONE --Egaudet 01:56, 4 November 2009 (UTC))
- Don't auto-scroll to bottom on new messages when viewing backlog (DONE --oil 05:42, 4 November 2009 (UTC))
- Tap on channel title drops down drawer with topic/etc in it (DONE --oil 08:42, 4 November 2009 (UTC))
- ListSelector for all/nick/message/"single word" for selected highlight style ((DONE PuffTheMagic 21:13, 4 November 2009 (UTC))
- Parse URLs into click-able links (in messages model) (DONE --oil 08:18, 5 November 2009 (UTC))
- Add banner/dashboard for channel-chat messages on nick mention, but not for all messages (DONE --oil 08:18, 5 November 2009 (UTC))
- Fix connection params like user/pass/port work completly, expample: no port causes segfault (DONE PuffTheMagic 19:55, 5 November 2009 (UTC))
- (bug) KICK event isn't necessarily you being kicked. Kick someone and the gui kicks you. (DONE-fixed --Egaudet 20:47, 5 November 2009 (UTC))
- (bug) When user list icon is tapped from channel window, the topic drawer also comes out. (DONE-fixed --oil 21:08, 5 November 2009 (UTC))
- Notification sound options for mention/query/whatever else spawns a banner notification (DONE --oil 02:10, 6 November 2009 (UTC))
- Add loose focus marker in channel scene & query/msg scene (DONE --oil 08:40, 6 November 2009 (UTC))
- Text entry area keep focus (DONE --oil 08:45, 7 November 2009 (UTC))
- Fix MODE messages; should show user who is getting the mode applied, not the user who set the mode (DONE --oil 08:46, 7 November 2009 (UTC))
- Add spinner to server list scene to show "connecting" action after connect is pressed before changing the button to disconnect. (DONE --oil 07:09, 8 November 2009 (UTC))