wIRC and wIRCd (its service)
- Nick Auto Complete:
- After typing some of the nick, hold the gesture area, and press the orange button.
- If not the right nick, keep holding the gesture area, and press the orange button again.
Here are some files for people to test, the versions will not be bumped but the packages will get updated. Don't ask if you have the latest, just download them again if you are curious.
Service for Pre: http://preyourmind.org/files/us.ryanhope.wircd_0.0.1_armv7.ipk
Service for Emulator: http://preyourmind.org/files/us.ryanhope.wircd_0.0.1_i686.ipk
Come to #wirc on freenode for help, don't ask for help in #webos-internals
Current TODO List / Feature Requests
- Parse URLs into click-able links (in messages model)
- Text entry area keep focus
- Channel Nick List
- (bug) op/voice status does not get updated in nick list for users that join after the channel is first opened
- Orange+Tap nick in nicklist spawns query/msg
- Tap on nick in nicklist shows dialog with buttons to query/op/voice/etc
- More highlighting options
- ListSelector for bold/color/bold&color as highlight style, when color is selected show color list option
- ListSelector for foreground/background of the selected highlight style only when color style
- ListSelector for all/nick/message/"single word" for selected highlight style
- "highlighting" should probably become its own preference "palm-group"
- List of "words to highlight" (which always includes "my nick" special item.) do it like onConnect list from server-info
- Add loose focus marker in channel scene & query/msg scene
- Make it actually connect over EVDO. (Service) (POTENTIAL-WORKAROUND PuffTheMagic 07:31, 3 November 2009 (UTC))
- Add single nick text field to server info scene and server table in database
- If left empty, use nick from identity scene in the cookie on connect (the "hint" text for the server nick field should explain this in a few words.)
- Tap on channel title drops down drawer with topic/etc in it
- Add highly used commands that spawn a popup for input to server-status's app menu. commands include: nick, join, msg/query, etc
- "Allow landscape" toggle in preferences, should work on all scenes, should change class of containing div on horizontal (so we can reformat items in the page via css)
- Actually use secondary and tertiary nicks if told the primary is taken
- Make function to add characters/numbers to primary nick and try again if user failed to enter secondary/tertiary, or it already exhausted all user-entered alternates.
- Add spinner to server list scene to show "connecting" action after connect is pressed before changing the button to disconnect.
- Bookmark favorite channels in list.
- Add banner/dashboard for channel-chat messages on nick mention, but not for all messages
- Notification sound options for mention/query/whatever else spawns a banner notification
- Need a way back to the server scene from channel/query scenes. App should remain operational until last card is swiped, so should be able to get back to server scene from other open cards
- make passing ports work (Service) (DONE PuffTheMagic 18:41, 2 November 2009 (UTC))
- Real Name field doesnt allow spaces, fix it (DONE PuffTheMagic 18:41, 2 November 2009 (UTC))
- channel modes in channel header (DONE PuffTheMagic 15:49, 31 October 2009 (UTC))
- fix NOTICE messages (DONE PuffTheMagic 01:17, 2 November 2009 (UTC))
- show nick list (DONE PuffTheMagic 17:55, 1 November 2009 (UTC))
- querys (DONE PuffTheMagic 17:55, 1 November 2009 (UTC))
- add "perform on connect" support (DONE --oil 10:01, 2 November 2009 (UTC))
- tab complete (DONE PuffTheMagic 01:17, 2 November 2009 (UTC))
- auto nick hilighting (DONE PuffTheMagic 16:35, 2 November 2009 (UTC))
- add support for numbers and hyphens in nicks (DONE PuffTheMagic 14:35, 1 November 2009 (UTC))
- escape quotes in params when service sends it to client (DONE PuffTheMagic 06:42, 1 November 2009 (UTC))
- Add "updateInterval: 0.2," to font size slider widget in message section of preferences (DONE --oil 01:41, 4 November 2009 (UTC))
- Add messages for when people quit the server (QUIT event) (DONE --Egaudet 01:56, 4 November 2009 (UTC))
- Disconnecting while in a channel and then reconnecting will not actually rejoin the channel, but will spawn the card (DONE --Egaudet 01:56, 4 November 2009 (UTC))
- Don't auto-scroll to bottom on new messages when viewing backlog (DONE --oil 05:42, 4 November 2009 (UTC))