Difference between revisions of "Application:Tailor"
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
| version=Version: 0.3 (
| version=Version: 0.3 ()
Revision as of 03:59, 25 January 2012
This page is currently available in one language:
Tailor (formerly Resizah) is an on-device live partition and filesystem editor for webOS.
- Unmount Partition
- Check Filesystem
- Repair Filesystem
- Corrupt Filesystem
- Resize Filesystem
- Resize Partition
- Mount Partition
- Create Partition
- Delete Partition
Tailor is available in the beta applications feed. Make sure you are willing to comply with the obligations associated with the beta testing feeds before using the instructions at http://testing.preware.org/ to access those feeds.
Tailor is available in the beta-applications feed in Preware.
Resize Media Partition
At launch, Tailor will show all active partitions on your device.
- In the Select Partition area, tap the "USB (media)" partition.
- Tap the green "Unmount Partition" button to take the partition offline prior to resizing operations.
- The green button should change to "Check Filesystem". Tap it. This will begin a filesystem check to guarantee consistency before resizing operations.
- Once the filesystem check finishes, you should be presented with a text box. Enter the new desired size for your media partition (in MB) and click the red "Resize Partition" button.
- Once the resizing operation has completed, you can remount your media partition by choosing the mount action.
No known bugs.
The official Tailor forum thread is at http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-internals/304871-tailor-device-live-partition-filesystem-editor-beta-testing.html
- 0.3.0: Merged filesystem and partition resizing
- 0.2.0: Added the ability to create and delete partitions. Added the ability to corrupt and repair filesystems.
- 0.1.0: Added the ability to resize partitions.
- 0.0.9: Added the ability to resize ext3fs filesystems
- 0.0.8: New improved icon.
- 0.0.7: Added the ability to resize the media filesystem.
- 0.0.6: Support different block sizes (Android uses 1KiB instead of 4KiB).
- 0.0.5: Fixed the post-install and pre-remove scripts.
- 0.0.4: Added the ability to unmount items from inside jails.
- 0.0.3: Highlight selected partition and update filesystem sizes during simulations.
- 0.0.2: Alpha release to check UI workflows and installation pipecleaning.
- 0.0.1: Initial skeleton.