sdlVNC - Version: 1.0.0
(1 Jan 2010)
A native VNC client for webOS. Can remote into a VNC server displaying as a native card.
Screenshot is showing the following:
sdlVNC connected to local Xtightvncserver running from Chroot Debian
icewm window manager is running along with Firefox all from within the Pre itself.
Zonyl - initial application and fix for libSDL_vnc.
zsoc - Various SDL support
WebOS Internals - Packaging / hosting.
Initial implementation finished. Its good enough to connect to a local Xtightvncserver, from which you can run any native X11 application.
Licensed under the LGPL license.
On-screen parameter usage:
Command Line Usage:
./sdlvnc -server 127.0.0.1 -port 5901
Virtual Resolution / Panning
- Hold down the Gesture area to pan / drag screen
- Does not zoom or pan currently to larger than 320x480 resolutions
- Only gets hostname as a parameter (without command line)
- VNC password authentication may not work. I only use it to connect locally without password.
- Hostname doesnt resolve DNS correctly. Use IP addresses where you can.
- Hostname input without command line is flakey if you type fast. Take is slow
- libSDL_vnc - also in the repository
Until package you need to get the code from the repo and compile yourself.
sdlVNC is housed in the applications/sdlVNC git repository at http://git.webos-internals.org/. The latest version is in binary form here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2209066
For commit permission to the open source project, contact rwhitby on #webos-internals or email [email@example.com]