Jump to navigation Jump to search
The sbromwich series of kernels are my kernels with all current webos-internals testing patches applied, plus my own patches.
Patches applied for 1.4.1-23
- Debug settings removed from default kernel build
- Compile kernel with explicit cortex-a8 tuning flags for gcc
- Tweak prcm power manager to more explicitly wait for power set calls to return, remove debug cruft, and add Wait For Interrupt instruction if a prcm setting attempt fails
- Enable preempt kernel
- Pre can take some extra time to respond to certain activities, especially when waking up; lags of up to 2 seconds can be experienced on wakeup. The alternative is a reboot, which will take even longer.
- User interactivity latency should be lower (time to respond to keypresses, etc).
- Fewer powerd wakeups allowing the system to sleep longer.
- My patch makes the kernel boot at 800MHz. Run this kernel at your own risk.
- anticipatory io scheduler recommended