The sbromwich series of kernels are the kernels I run on my phone with all current webos-internals testing patches applied, plus my patches, plus my kernel configuration.
The kernels are currently available at http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/220.127.116.11/ and can be added using any standard package manager in the standard format (deducing this is left as an exercise for the reader).
Patches applied for 1.4.1-25 ("adric")
- wfi instruction on prcm fail removed to validate if this is a regression causing battery drain.
Patches applied for 1.4.1-24 ("jangofett")
- Reduce number of scheduling calls made to try to reduce battery drain. This may have an adverse affect on wake from suspend.
Patches applied for 1.4.1-23 ("bobafett")
- Debug settings removed from default kernel build.
- Compile kernel with explicit cortex-a8 tuning flags for gcc.
- Tweak prcm power manager to more explicitly wait for power set calls to return, remove debug cruft, and add Wait For Interrupt instruction if a prcm setting attempt fails.
- Enable preempt kernel.
- Pre can take some extra time to respond to certain activities, especially when waking up; lags of up to 2 seconds can be experienced on wakeup. The alternative is a reboot, which will take even longer.
- User interactivity latency should be lower (time to respond to keypresses, etc).
- Fewer powerd wakeups allowing the system to sleep longer.
- My patch makes the kernel boot at 800MHz. Run this kernel at your own risk. Not compliant with point 6 of http://forums.precentral.net/webos-internals/241355-next-generation-kernel-development-packaging.html .
- anticipatory io scheduler recommended.
- Install SmartReflex patches at your own risk. SmartReflex is not expected to work.
- Some users have reported increased battery usage when running this kernel.