DOOM! - Version: Alpha 1.1.0
(1 Jan 2010)
DOOM! for the Palm Pre is distributed under the ID Software License, which allows for non-commercial use only.
Tap the screen or hit "Sym" to shoot.
H - forward at slow speed
Y - left
B - right
G - forward at fast speed
SPACE - open doors
COMMA - strafe right
ORANGE + # - Change weapon. 1 - fist, 2 - pistol, 3 - shotgun, 4 - chaingun (havent gotten other weapons yet but should be the same concept)
ENTER - display last message (picked up Medikit, etc)
(feel free to add to this list)
- Install Preware and the Package Manager.
- Install Terminal - if you already have Terminal, update it using Preware.
- If you get a warning, this depends on 1other package being updated, choose INSTALL/UPDATE IT (terminal services plugin.)
- If you then get a warning "a script must be executed" then click the OK button to allow that.
- You may then be presented with button "Restart is required" choose OK button to allow that, all your apps will close and Luna will restart.
- next install DOOM using PreWare. Launch Preware, search for DOOM and click Install.
- next hit the LAUNCH button and follow the commands in Terminal which your convenience they are listed here:
- TYPE IN THESE COMMANDS IN TERMINAL:
- cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
- cd org.webosinternals.sdldoom
- ./doom (note the leading period.)
- DOOM! will start in a new card.
Play DOOM! using the keys above, when done exit the game in the normal way.
DOOM! is housed in the games/sdldoom git repository at http://git.webos-internals.org/
For commit permission to the open source project, contact rwhitby on #webos-internals or email [firstname.lastname@example.org]